- This event has passed.
April 28, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In association with
RASA AND DRAMA
a series of six powerful English short plays performed in a minimalistic manner
ABOUT THE PLAY
Bares Bones is a 90 minute theatrical production where you experience a wide spectrum of dramatic possibilities that explore the entire range of human sensibilities, written & directed by Kamlesh Acharya.
Bare Bones does not rely on technological support or props for adding to the experience of story-telling because the team believes that our powerful content can connect without digital assistance. So we deliver the play in its ‘bare bones’ form. Minimal light effects, no sound or music, no props or costumes, no makeup, no gimmicks.
The production is being brought to Pune by Rasa and Drama from Ahmedabad. They have performed in multiple cities like Mumbai and Baroda amongst others.
It is an effort by Gyaan Adab to make the theatrical scene in Pune more inclusive and welcoming of talent from around the country. It is a move on their part to encourage productions to take their plays around and travel the country so as to make dramaturgy more accessible to the masses. Not only does this help the scene become stronger and expose the people to great art, it also builds a stronger community of performers that can collaborate and initiate a flow of ideas and artistic styles.
ABOUT THE WRITER / DIRECTOR
KamleshAcharya is an (SP Jain) MBA by qualification, an advertiser by profession, a poet by ramification, a writer by passion, a thinker through introspection and a seeker through meditation. He quit his promising corporate career, after having worked with the likes of KPMG, Oracle, Emirates Airlines and ZensarTechnologies, to pursue his passion of writing.
Listed below are some of the highlights of his literary career
- His book ‘Kindle the Spirit’ was awarded ‘The Best English Poetry Book’ at Mumbai’s ‘Lit-o-Fest’ 2015
- His poems have twice been selected as ‘Poem of the Month’, and several times as ‘Highly Commended’, at Destiny Poets UK
- His play ‘Valentine’s Day’ won the 3rdBest Script Award at StageWrite, Dubai, 2013
- ‘Kidnapped in Dubai’ won the 3rdBest Play by Judges, & 2ndBest Play by Audience at Short+Sweet, Dubai, 2013.
- His plays ‘Valentine’s Day’ and ‘To Kiss or not to Kiss’ were semi-finalist at Short+Sweet, Bengaluru, 2015.
- He was the 1stRunners Up in the ‘Best New Theatre Talent Award’ by Backstage 2012.
DATE: Saturday, 28th April
Donation Pass: Rs.200/-