Wednesday, 21st December 2016
In this festival season, Gyaan Adab hosted its own Peace Day. At the event, the stage was made available to performers who had a talent to flaunt.
The evening witnessed a potpourri of performances ranging from poetry recitation to beat-boxing.
The performers for the evening were:
- Maitreya Yeshwant-- played soulful tracks with his electric guitar.
- Manoj Kumar Bains-- Took us through the world of beat boxing.
- Jasmin Uttamchandani-- Poetry recitation and narration of an interesting true life story.
4. Niteesh Jangid-- Poetry recitation where he gave his own spin to popular songs from Bollywood's golden era
- Nivedita and Niharika Desai-- These young musicians enthralled the audience with their violin performance
- Sudipta Muherjee—Performed Rabindra Sangeet
- Satish Khot—our managing committee member read out a poem on peace
- Dr. Sumit—an Urdu literature enthusiast, he read out poems resonating with the idea of peace.
- Sudha Menon—A popular author, she spoke her mind about the need for events such as Peace Day
- Mr. Kapoor—A Dignity Foundation member, he enlightened the audience about his methods of seeking peace.
In addition, the members from the Gyaan Adab team too showcased their talent:
Nadia Sen Sharma (Poetry recitation), Jitendra Maid and Nilofer Tyrewala (Singing) and Alakananda Chatterjee (Dance).