A Festival - Celebrating Self Expression through the arts
Pune’s Premier Cultural centre celebrates Literature and the Arts giving you a month of heady excitement and creative pleasure.
4th to 30th
- Book Discussion, Book Launch, Storytelling
THEATRE, MUSIC & DANCE
- Play readings, Premier of play by Gyaan Adab players, Jazz, Pop/Folk, Sufi, Classical Dance
- Ghazals & Shayari
- Clay, Water colours, Collage for children, Murals
ART EXHIBITIONS AS PART OF PUNE BIENNALE 2017
SOLO ART SHOWS GROUP ART SHOWS SCULPTURES & INSTALLATIONS ART BY STUDENTS
Visual arts & Guerrilla Art
Guerrilla Art - Surprise happenings of art in performance, conceived, developed and produced by Gyaan Adab
The literary offerings
A special section created by Gyaan Adab to make available to visitors festival related contemporary and traditional merchandise.
The region of Kutch in North Gujarat is alive with a rich tradition of performing and visual arts and handicraft. The work on display has been sourced from individual master craftsmen and families settled in various parts of the region.
Gyaan Adab’s director, Mr. Randhir Khare, who has had a long relationship with the crafts persons of Kutch, made a special visit to the region and personally met the craftsmen. He sourced the items on display directly from those who created them.
On the wings of a Dragon Fly I take off and fly – A line of Handcrafted ceramic table ware by Veena Chandran are also on display.
Team Gyaan Adab has curated the display.View more craft items
Gyaan Adab is Pune’s Premier Cultural Centre which hosts a wide range of events showcasing literature and the arts. Since we opened our doors three years ago, we have had the distinction of creating nearly 500 unique programmes and events that have established our presence in the city of Pune as a leading cultural centre for recreation and creative innovation where the established and the new find a space to showcase their talent.
Through our visual arts programme we have shown 40 new and established artists working in different mediums, conducted numerous workshops and encouraged art education as an extension of our exhibitions and community art events. Our performing arts programme has hosted numerous plays, dance and music performances and our literary programmes have showcased the best of English, Urdu, Hindi and Marathi poetry and fiction. Nurturing new talent in the arts has been a significant part of our programming with an emphasis on literary and visual arts mentorship.
In December 2015, Gyaan Adab hosted JOURNEYS, a festival of the arts, which brought together a unique blend of visual, performance and literary arts from across the country, meeting popular and discerning tastes.
To assert our commitment to fostering new creative talent and showcasing new offerings from established names in our city and the western region, Gyaan Adab is delighted to announce a festival - FREEDOM WAY Celebrating Self Expression Through The Arts, from January 4th to 30th, 2017.
- This festival will emphatically herald powerful new talent and path-breaking work in literature, fine arts and performing arts in order to reach out to new audiences in the city.
- We firmly believe that literature and the arts have the ability to forge bridges of understanding, set free wellsprings of hope and reveal a world of possibilities.
- The arts liberate us and offer us new ways of relating to ourselves and the world around us.
- All the events and programmes have been specially curated to ensure that they are fresh, vibrant, stimulating, entertaining and thought-provoking – something there for everyone, spanning an entire month alive with art exhibitions, music, theatre and literature.